Selling a home is the largest business transaction most of us will ever make. With such high stakes and so many steps, it’s important to do it right. That’s where KP Edgestone Realty comes in. We are committed to guiding you at each step of the way in the home-selling process to ensure that you get every dollar’s worth for your valued property. Our expertise, resources, and diligence help to make the selling process as seamless and profitable for you as possible.
If you are thinking about listing your home, let us meet with you to go over the process. Our well-trained agents are ready to work with you. We’ll come up with a viable marketing plan that will put your home in the best light with high-resolution photos, a professionally written property description, and a strong social media presence which will highlight the best features of your property.
The Selling Process
We take a comprehensive approach to the sales process. Finding the right buyer often requires that proper staging, marketing, and timing all align. The real estate marketplace can be a competitive one. Our goal is to make your home stand out.
To this end, we will be responsible for the marketing activities necessary to sell your house. This includes the creation of a comprehensive marketing plan designed to showcase your property to the right buyers.
Furthermore, many home sales occur as a result of internal networking between real estate professionals to pair buyers and sellers. Our agents are deeply connected within the local real estate community, giving your property optimal exposure.
General Tips for Preparing Your Home:
First impressions matter! The correct staging of your home can go a long way toward achieving a successful sale at the highest price. Even minor alterations can have a major impact. Our agents can walk through your property and give you pointers and inexpensive suggestions that will enhance the appearance of your home, making it more appealing to perspective buyers. Here are a few general guidelines that can help transform your home and ensure you to get top-dollar.
- Start from the outside: Curb appeal is a priority! A well-kept lawn can help secure a strong first-impression for your home. A day or two of yard work can mean a world of difference in the buyer’s mind. A clean lawn and well-groomed landscape will help bring in prospective buyers from the beginning.
- The front door welcomes the prospect: Doorways and entrances are usually the first thing a visitor sees inside of your home. Step outside your front door and take an objective view. A fresh coat of paint or scrubbing your door clean will be well worth the effort invested. A seasonal door decoration can instantly give your home a warm, inviting feel.
- Highlight your home: Ample lighting will project a feeling of warmth to the potential buyers. Clean windows will also help illuminate walls and ceilings. Check that all of our bulbs are working.
- Clean kitchens and sparkling bathrooms help sell homes: Be sure these rooms are gleaming! Counter tops should be clean and free of clutter. Repair caulking in bathtubs and showers. Fixtures should always be polished. Putting out fresh towels is a nice touch.
- A place for everything: DECLUTTER. Make sure beds are made and clothing is put away. Neat, well-organized closets show that there is ample storage space. Straightening newspapers, magazines or other “clutter” will help improve your home’s image to buyers.
- Check for repairs: Minor flaws in your home suggest neglect to the prospect. Be sure to clean and check major appliances. If a potential buyer can find a minor defect in a house, he or she will often assume there are more serious underlying issues.
- Last, relax and have fun! Once a showing is scheduled, try to make plans for lunch or to visit a friend. Having homeowners milling around will often make prospective buyers feel uncomfortable and hurry through a showing. So, relax, and let your KP Edgestone agent do what they do best to showcase your beautiful home.